Pudding For Breakfast! Woot! (GF, V)
Flax seeds are an essential part of this pudding. Flaxseeds are high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids (Ex. ALA), as well as phytochemicals called lignans. Studies have shown that eating flaxseed daily helps lower blood cholesterol. The fibre in flaxseed may also help improve blood sugar in people with Type 2 diabetes.
As a side note, when a recipe calls for milled flax, it’s always best to buy the seeds and grind them up as needed. Ground flax has the potential to go rancid quickly. I always store my flax seeds in the refrigerator to preserve their freshness so I’m always astounded when I see bags of milled flax on supermarket shelves at room temperature. Eeek!
- 6 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 cups milk (nut milk works too). Make your own**
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chopped fresh fruit/berries, yogurt to serve (optional)
- 1. Grind flaxseeds (I use my Magic Bullet).
- 2. Heat milk (I always keep it below 105' to maintain the integrity of raw) then stir in ground flax.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir until it thickens and becomes pudding like.
- 4. Stir in mashed banana, honey and cinnamon.
- 5. Pour into serving cups and refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Add chopped fresh fruit and yogurt prior to serving.
- 7. Enjoy this uber nutritious start to your day!
**Make your own nutmilk
Check this and countless other awesome posts at: This Gal Cooks, My Sweet and Savory, Nourishing Treasures, Natural Living Mamma, A Life in Balance, What Joy is Mine, Flour Me With Love, Homegrown and Healthy, Cupcake n Bake, Alderberry Hill, Homemaker on a Dime, I Gotta Try That, Create with Joy, Skip to my Lou, Mamal Diane, Our 4 Kiddos, Sarah Lynn’s Sweets, Real Food Forager, Nap Time Creations, Not Just a Housewife, With a Blast, A Humble Bumble, Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Tessa Domestic Diva, Gastronomical Sovereignty, Family Home and Life, Intoxicated on Life, Mamma Buzz, This Chick Cooks, Thank Your Body, My Cultured Palate, Domesblissity, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, The Nourishing Gourmet, Jill’s Home Remedies, The Self Sufficient Home Acre, Living Well Spending Less, Chocolate Chocolate and More, The Mandatory Mooch, Domestic Superhero, Ann Kroeker, All Our Days, The Shabby Nest, One Artsy Mama, XOXO Rebecca, Finding Joy in my Kitchen, The Veggie NookPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I NEVER endorse anything that I do not personally use or give to my family.