Snack Attack! Crunchy Maple Cinnamon Chickpeas
Put down the chips! Back away from the chocolate. Make something that you AND the kids will like without the questionable and potentially GMO ingredients. I know what you’re thinking, ‘you expect me to snack on chickpeas?’ YES! Because these don’t taste like chickpeas. They are crunchy and sweet and mapley. Seriously, they barely have time to cool off before little hands start scooping them right of the pan. I have to double the recipe each time and even that’s going to have to be doubled!
- 2 cups chickpeas (cooked)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Move oven rack to middle of oven and preheat to 400'.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse chickpeas well and drain as much water as possible (don't worry about the skins, they make a nice crunchy addition).
- Transfer chickpeas to a medium bowl and stir in oil, then add cinnamon and salt.
- Spread (in single row) onto prepared baking sheet and place in oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to evenly crisp.
- Remove from oven and stir 3 tbsp maple syrup well into the chickpeas. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool undisturbed. It will crisp up like brittle.
- Serve and enjoy!