So obviously the name of these little treats is *ahem* a little odd, but you never know what’s going to come out of the mouths of preschoolers when their creative juices get flowing…..enter: Power Punch Snack Balls! 🙂
These were born out of a dreary, rainy afternoon in need of an injection of sweetness. Out came the mixing bowls, yummy, healthy ingredients and the creativity of preschoolers. What we came up with is outstanding, if we do say so ourselves. These snack balls are quick to prepare and oh so healthy. Give them a whirl (you won’t be disappointed) and let us know what you think! 🙂
- 1 cup of organic peanut (or other nut) butter
- 3/4 cup organic (unsulphured, unsweetened) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp chia (or hemp) seeds
- 1/4 cup organic mini chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form and roll into balls (about a tbsp each). As an option you can roll each ball into an extra bit of coconut or cocoa powder or whatever floats your boat.
- Place onto a parchment paper lined plate and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set. (We store them in the fridge to maintain their form)
- ENJOY as much as the kiddies and I did!