I had this memory the other day of second grade Libby proudly giving her mom a handmade clay ashtray for Mother’s Day. My mom was elated and why wouldn’t she be? After all, I had made it with my own little 7 year old hands AND she
smoked had never smoked a day in her life! This year, don’t be a second grade Libby. Give mom a thoughtful, beautiful gift that she will actually use! 🙂
I hit up some of my most favorite bloggers and asked them to share their DIYs that would make beautiful gifts for mom. I ended up with 35 awesome ideas that mom is sure to love! In fact, I’m forwarding this post to the hubs (cuz I’m not so sure he actually reads my blog), for a little inspiration. This way, he can help my boys put together a little something for me. I’m a sucker for home made gifts. The gifts of the time, energy and love spent making a treasure, mean the world to me. <3
- You’d better make a ton of This Salty Sesame Chocolate Bark from My Heart Beets because mom will definitely be asking for more.
- I know this Homemade Chai Tea Mix by Economies of Kale would sure make me smile.
- 6 simple ingredients and mom gets a beautiful box of DIY Healthy Dark Chocolate Truffles by Spirit Healers.
- This Paleo Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake by Paleo Gone Sassy is gluten free and nut free and goes great with a cup of tea!
- This Simple Festive Coconut Fudge by Whole New Mom is raw and maybe too beautiful to eat!
- Spoil mom with 1 or all 3 of these Ridiculously Easy and Delicious Truffle Recipes by Whole New Mom.
- You get to choose the edible flower for this Quick and Easy DIY Flower Petal Sugar by Authentic Parenting.
- This Best Ever Brownie Recipe by Live Simply uses sprouted flour to give it a digestive boost.
- This sugar free Homemade Strawberry Spread by Healthy Roots, Happy Soul is sure to be a fave, so make lots!
- Make up for your teenage years by making mom these Healthy Gourmet Marshmallows by yours truly: Eat.Play.Love…more.
- If mom’s a baker, surprise her with this DIY Natural Food Coloring by me (eat.play.love…more)!
- I didn’t know DIY Bath Bombs were this easy to make! Thanks It Takes Time.
- The addition of lavender delivers a soothing scent to these Sleepy Time Bath Salts by Live Simply.
- 5 ingredients and mom will have a Refreshing Citrus Body Wash thanks to Whole New Mom.
- I don’t know of any mom who wouldn’t love these Lavender Lotion Bars by Gourmande in the Kitchen.
- Give mom some quiet time, a warm bath and these DIY Lavender Bath Salts by Don’t Mess with Mama and get back into her good books.
- These DIY Bath Star Bombs by Happy Mothering are a pretty little gift for mom.
- Your choice: citrus blast, coffee or honey vanilla chamomile Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub for mom brought to you by Delicious Obsessions
- Cuz mom’s hands get a little rough sometimes (don’t tell her I said that), this Lemon Hand and Body Scrub by Don’t Mess with Mama is a must.
- Exfoliating at its yummiest with this Strawberry Lemonade Foot Scrub by Richly Rooted
- Show mom some love with this DIY Moisturizing Honey Vanilla Body Polish by Richly Rooted
- These DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars by Happy Mothering are absolutely beautiful!
- The softer to kiss you with my dear, Natural Lip Scrub by Whole New Mom
- If you’re not sure what a salve is, this Calendula Lavender Salve for Calm Skin by Happy Mothering will have you (and mom) hooked!
- This DIY Ultra Moisturizing Lotion for the Face and Body by Live Simply isn’t greasy and has no coconut oil!
- This Calming Orange Vanilla Whipped Body Butter by A Happy Healthnut is so decadent you’ll want to eat it, but don’t! It’s for mom.
- No chemicals are necessary for this beautiful DIY Perfume by An Organic Wife
- All it takes is 4 ingredients to make this DIY Body Butter by Conveying Awareness with Jessica David
- 3 ingredients and mom will have a Simple Homemade Moisturizer by Live Simply that is also edible!
- I’ll be making these DIY Lotion Bars by Healthy Roots, Happy Soul for myself!
- This Homemade Rose Lip Balm by Healthy Roots, Happy Soul is sure to get you a few more smooches from mom!
- This really is The Ultimate Thank You Gift for Mom by me! Eat.Play.Love…more
- A few spritzes on the pillow of this DIY Natural Sleep Mist by yours truly (Eat.Play.Love…more), and mom will have sweet dreams.
- These Homemade Plantable Lavender Seed Paper by Hybrid Rasta Mama make a lovely gift for mom and a simple gift for little hands to make.
- This Corkboard with Upcycled Pushpins by Little Owl Crunchy Momma gives mom a beautiful, earth friendly place to hang all the kids’ art.