Since we’ve temporarily given up dairy (more on that soon), we have found other ways to satisfy our desire for ice cream. In fact, just last week after a hike with our friends, we decided that we had earned ourselves some ice cream. Knowing that we couldn’t (and wouldn’t) go to an ice cream shop (in case you’re wondering what’s in a Dairy Queen soft serve read this), we ended up at a small organic supermarket and fell in love with a coconut milk, cappuccino ice cream. In fact, we ended up dishing it out and consuming it in the parking lot!! It was THAT good!
In true Libby style though, I had to recreate it AND I’m proud to announce that I’ve done it! I know it sounds like I’m tooting my own horn but my very critical test subject (the hubs) could not stop raving about it and has since requested it several times!
**To make this ice cream I used this ice cream maker
- 1 can of coconut milk (I use this one) or equivalent amount of DIY Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup of Grade B maple syrup (Why I don't buy grade A maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp of finely ground espresso
- In a blender combine all ingredients.
- Add to ice cream maker and allow it to do its magic!
- Enjoy (we all know you will!)