A simple snack bite that is nut free and loaded with nutrition.
- 20 pitted Medjool dates softened (to do this, I toss them into a colander and place it over a pot of boiling water until soft or if you're super organized you could just soak them in warm water for 15 minutes)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsps chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (I use these dairy free ones)
- In a food processor, add softened dates and process until macerated.
- Add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and pulse until well chopped.
- Add coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt and pulse, being certain to scrape down sides. If too sticky add additional coconut one tablespoon at a time.
- If adding dried fruit, add them now and pulse just enough to mix them in.
- Remove from processor and manually stir in mini chocolate chips if adding.
- Line a dish or baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out mixture and roll it into a ball. I like to use a small ice cream scoop.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
I like to store these in the refrigerator to allow them to keep their form and consistency (not that there's usually too many left to actually refrigerate). 😀