If you know me, you know that I love homemade gifts AND I love chocolate (ok maybe wine too), merge the 2 together and you’ve got near perfection!
I don’t know about you, but I think that handmade gifts just say so much! To me they scream thoughtfulness, love, kindness and… from the heart. Just ask my dad who received a handmade ashtray from second grade Libby! Sure, he was a non-smoker so maybe it scored low on the thoughtfulness, but obviously it sure made up for it in everything else because he still has it!
This DIY gourmet hot chocolate mix is the perfect gift for anyone and everyone on your list! From teachers to friends everyone will love this rich hot chocolate. Pair it with these gourmet marshmallows and you’ve got a lovely, thoughtful gift.
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like the dark version of these)
- 1 cup (or less) evaporated cane juice AKA sucanat (I use this one)
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder (what's the difference between cacao and cocoa?
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds scraped out)
- In a food processor, pulse the chocolate chips and evaporated cane juice until finely ground.
- Add cocoa powder and vanilla bean. Pulse for a few seconds to incorporate.
- Transfer to cute jars and attach label with serving instructions:
- For a rich hot chocolate add 3 tbsp of powder to 1 cup warm milk.