It’s spring break in some parts of the world and spring break can mean lots of things to lots of folks. For some it’ll mean traveling, running free outdoors, eating, eating. Did I mention eating? Being a mom to 4 boys, eating plays a pretty key part of our entire day! It is because of that that I am constantly coming up with new snack ideas that incorporate nutrition into every bite. Today, I have one word for you: C H O C O L A T E !
When I set out creating this recipe all I knew was that it had to be a combo of chocolate and coconut. My kids always love being my guinea pig tasters and they
like love it when batches need a little ‘tweaking’! Have you ever had mousse? Mousse is light and fluffy yet melts in your mouth. This highly nutritional version of coconut chocolate mousse doesn’t contain the nasty ingredients of say…THIS type of boxed mousse: (source):
The only thing this and my homemade mousse have in common are cocoa and gelatin! The texture will be different because my home made version lacks foaming agents and other chemicals. Read more about all the many incredible benefits of gelatin and see what ‘Propylene Glycol‘ has in common with airplanes.
- 1 can (14 oz) Coconut Milk
- 1/4 c Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gelatin (I use this one)
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder what's the difference between cacao and cocoa?
- pinch of sea salt
- In a sauce pan, warm coconut milk through.
- Add coconut milk to blender and add remaining ingredients.
- Twirl around for a few seconds then pour into serving cups.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and serve.