Embarrassingly Easy Raw Macaroons
Did I mention these are a cinch? These little morsels of heaven have become a quick go-to treat that I whip up for the kiddies (and hubby and I of course)ot only are they raw, they are also gluten free, vegan and paleo. I bring them to many an event (kids’ school, potlucks etc…) because I have yet to meet someone who can’t eat these and with all the food sensitivities out there nowadays, that’s not something you can say very often! So if you’re wanting to treat yourself, go ahead and whip these babies up in no time.
Makes 48 (tbsp sized) macaroons
3 c organic shredded coconut
3/8 c coconut oil (in solid state is fine)
1/3 c sucanat (pulverized) or coconut sugar or evaporated cane juice
1 tsp almond extract
3/8 tsp Himalayan sea salt
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
1/2 c organic cocoa powder
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c honey
1. In a food processor or mixer add all cookie ingredients and blend just until it sticks together. Do not over mix.
2. Remove and scoop out by tablespoon (I use an actual measuring spoon to give the consistent shape) onto a parchment paper lined plate/cookie sheet.
3. Leave to firm up. I like to speed up the process by placing them in the fridge while I make my chocolate drizzle.
4. In a double boiler, bring water to a boil then remove from heat and add drizzle ingredients.
5. Stir until smooth.
6. Using a teaspoon drizzle the chocolate in desired pattern onto macaroons. See photo below for another decorating option.
7. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
See? I told you these are a snap! Enjoy
This yummy recipe is shared on Intoxicated on Life, Miz Helen’s Country Kitchen, Real Food Whole Health, Ann Kroeker, Simply Sweet Home, This Chick Cooks, Pickle Me Too, Real Food Forager, Nap Time Creations, Home Maker on a Dime, I Gotta Try That, My Sweet and Savory, Nourishing Treasures, Sarah Lynn’s Sweets, Kelly the Kitchen KopPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I NEVER endorse anything that I do not personally use or give to my family.