When was the last time you played with play dough? I mean REALLY played with play dough! I have to say, it is a whole lot of soft, squishy, multi colored fun .. not to mention therapeutic! The kiddies and I had an awesome afternoon!
Here’s my easy peesy home made play dough recipe:
2 cups of white flour
2 cups of warm water
1 cup of salt
2 tbsp oil (olive, coconut etc…)
1 tbsp of cream of tartar (optional)
Natural Food Coloring
1. Mix ingredients in a pot and place over low heat.
3. Stir some more.
4. Keep stirring until the paste pulls away from the sides of the pot and is no longer sticky.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Divide into 4 sections, roll into a ball and create a well into each.
7. Add a few drops of food coloring and work into each ball. This is where I always use a glove so I don’t stain my delicate hands 🙂
8. I like to add a bit of peppermint or lavender oil to add a wonderful scent to our newly made play dough.
9. Have fun!
10. Store in an airtight container when done.