The lazy days of summer are here. 😀 I don’t know about you but we always have a few days of growing pains when the kids are first off school. It seems to take them about a week to gel as a group that is suddenly together 24/7. Once those little kinks are ironed out, we are good to go…mostly.
I have boys. I can’t speak for all parents of boys, but my boys are incessant eating machines. Because of that, I am constantly trying to stay ahead of ’em by preparing nutrient dense, delicious food that I can toss at them quickly. Today’s treat is no different. On a hot day (or any day really), this pie is a complete hit with my boys.
For this recipe you will need the following equipment:
a food processor
- Delicious Obsessions has my utmost favorite pie crust recipe and all you need are 2 ingredients!
- Frozen fruit of your choice.
- I used frozen bananas and strawberries
- Prepare crust.
- While it is cooling, set up your champion juicer with smooth 'ice cream' plate.
- Once cooled, place crust directly under nozzle of juicer. One by one push through frozen bananas and spread around crust with a spatula.
- Once your first layer is complete, continue with frozen strawberries. Take a little lick of the spatula to 'make sure' all is on the up and up. 😀
- Place in freezer for an hour to set.
- Place knife in a cup of hot water and heat before slicing.
- Garnish with freshly sliced fruit.