A grasshopper walks into a bar, and the bartender says, “Hey, we have a drink named after you!” The grasshopper looks surprised and asks, “You have a drink named Steve?”
I know, super cheesy, but I couldn’t resist… 🙂
I was never into Grasshopper drinks but remember the grasshopper bar? I mean the ones packed with sugar, flour, eggs and corn syrup? Ya? Well I’ve got a No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Bite recipe that’s going to blow your mind!
If the perfect marriage between chocolate AND peppermint is your thing AND flour and corn syrup are not, then YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE...
- They are made with real food!
- Their beautiful green hue comes from the sneaky addition of avocado!
- You don’t have to bake them!
- They are actually good for you!
- You will NOT be able to eat just one!
- From start to finish you can eat one in 15 minutes!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c maple syrup (why I don't buy Grade A maple syrup)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Chocolate Layer:
- 1 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Prep a mini muffin tin with liners and make space in the freezer.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips.
- By the teaspoon, place a little chocolate at the bottom of each muffin cup. You really don't need a lot. It should be more of a suggestion because the filling is the star of the show.
- Place in freezer.
- In a blender (I use this one), combine all filling ingredients and twirl around until mixture has a beautiful minty green, smooth consistency.
- If the freezer chocolate is set, add the filling layer to each cup. I like to bring it just under the rim of each cup so there's a good amount off 'grasshopper' filling in each.
- Add a chocolate top to each cup and return muffin tin to freezer.
- Allow to completely set (Because I'm impatient, I always cheat a little by dropping my freezer temp down to as cold as it goes).
- Dig in!
If there are ever any leftover, I like to store these in fridge to maintain their shape and consistency. Be honest....how many did you eat at once?